Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of CAR T-Cell Therapies, in the Context of COVID-19 & Its Variants
- Understanding CARS - Chimeric Antigen Receptors
- When to Consider CAR T-Cell Therapies as a Treatment Choice
- Clinical Trials for CAR T-Cell Therapies
- Discussion of CAR T-Cell Therapies
- Managing Potential Treatment Side Effects
- Specific Examples of How CAR T-Cell Therapies Contributes to Oncology Care
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about CAR T-Cell Therapies
- The Benefits of CAR T-Cell Therapies
- Follow-Up Care: What to Expect
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, List of Questions & Follow-Up Care Appointments
- Quality-of-Life Concerns & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Koen van Besien, MD, PhD
Director of the Stem Cell Transplant Program, Weill Cornell Medicine, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, Attending Physician at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Caron Alyce Jacobson, MD
Medical Director, Immune Effector Cell Therapy Program, Physician, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(74.9 KB)